Job Number: RC942698105
Pay Rate: $70,000 / year
Drive your career forward with this great leadership opportunity
STS Staffing is working with an industry leader to fill immediate, direct-placement, positions for Maintenance Supervisors in Freeport, IL. This is a great opportunity for a motivated leader who has a minimum of 2 years’ production supervisor experience.
Starting Salary: $60k - $70k
Shift: 2nd and 3rd shift
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maximizing availability of all plant and equipment and thus ensures security of production while understanding that the direction of all routine maintenance activities shall be in line with company operating policies and procedures. Will ensure compliance with safety, legislative, environmental and certifying authority requirements. Uses independent judgment and exercises discretion in executing their duties. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ensure that high standards of safety are developed, met and maintained at the facilities.
- Needs to be familiar with the plant’s fire protection system and follow up with the Safety department on any deficiencies or recommendations found during annual fire safety inspection.
- Will arrange and coordinate the internal safety inspections of the facilities conducted by the Managers and certified safety professional. Will follow up on deficiencies and recommendations.
- May participate in the process and function of the company’s safety committee as the Maintenance representative.
- Will ensure that facilities and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations, agency standards and fiscal consideration.
- Develop, implement and regularly review site-specific maintenance logs for each facility.
- Conduct quarterly maintenance inspections of each facility with the relevant Supervisor or Manager.
- Provide a summary of maintenance recommendations to the relevant manager.
- Evaluate long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements.
- Coordinate, arrange and supervise, or provide for, the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance with company operating procedures, practices and financial considerations.
- Will ensure that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
- Develop, implement and review equipment records (included in Maintenance Logs).
- Establish procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment requiring minor repairs on a frequent basis.
- Secure major equipment bids and make recommendations for purchase when replacement or new equipment is required.
- May arrange or provide training for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of equipment.
- Provide staff training in a variety of safety and maintenance topics including the effective utilization of the maintenance logs, completion of routine maintenance specific to the facility, equipment operations, multimedia fire safety training, etc.
- Arrange and coordinate annual fire safety training with the Safety Director and/or various other employees and staff.
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Participate in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment
Required Education and Experience/Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred and/or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Two (2) years of experience in all aspects of building maintenance.
- Experience in estimating maintenance and repair costs a plus.
- Ability to lead a multi-task team as a supervisor and in a technical capacity.
- Good knowledge of maintenance method and equipment.
- Must be computer literate.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter - Nashville, TN