This position is responsible for conveying (by forklift/handcart and/or high-racker) all necessary materials for continuous supply to all internal manufacturing departments. Retrieval, verification, transfer and storage of all materials externally supplied as well as internally manufactured products.
Key responsibilities include:
● Observe all safety, sanitation, GMP and HACCP requirements.
● Operate forklift vehicles in a safe manner.
● Perform material handling as required throughout the production and warehouse areas.
● Perform visual inspection of all inbound/outbound materials prior to acceptance or loading to ensure conformance as well as inspection of staged loads, SU numbers and customer specifications.
● Perform sample checks on inbound materials as required.
● Assign and store all inbound materials.
● Provide raw materials and packaging to internal customers.
● Restock unused materials as needed.
● Complete daily cycle counts accurately per established auditing guidelines.
● Identify and report all motorized equipment failure prior to use.
● Support special project needs as is necessary.
● High school diploma or GED.
● Mechanical ability/aptitude, a plus.
● Good communication skills both verbally and written.
● Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a warehouse environment including familiarity material handling equipment, warehouse layout, storage and retrieval in a food-manufacturing environment.
● Valid motor vehicle license, required.
● SAP and WMS knowledge preferred as well as math skills.
● Excellent safety record.
● Ability to stand on concrete floor for long periods of time.
● Bend, squat, stretch, reach; frequently.
● Ability to climb stairs, often.
● Must be able to lift minimum of 50lbs, often.
● Comfortable working at heights.
● Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures in the facility.
● Noise level can exceed .85 decibels.