Reno, NV 89502 US
STS Staffing is seeking a Medical Assistant for an ophthalmologist office in central Reno. This will be a temp-hire role Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm and Friday 8:00am-12:00pm starting pay at $20/hr.
Job Duties: - Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, managing patient records, and handling billing and insurance claims.
- Prepare patients for examinations by taking vital signs, documenting medical histories, and assisting with medical procedures.
- Assist healthcare providers during examinations and treatments.
- Administer medications and injections as directed by healthcare providers.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens for testing.
- Perform basic laboratory tests such as urinalysis and blood glucose monitoring.
- Operate medical equipment, including X-ray machines, to obtain diagnostic images.
- Provide patient education on medical conditions, treatments, and preventive care measures.```Experience:```
- High school diploma or equivalent required; completion of a medical assistant program preferred.
- Previous experience working as a medical assistant or in a similar healthcare role is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, and documentation practices.
- Proficiency in using electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients and healthcare professionals.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in performing clinical and administrative duties